Saturday, May 19, 2012

Baby Updates!

My Mom is down for my baby shower this weekend, and she was able to come to my doctor's appointment with me.  We listened to the heartbeat (on target) and they did a quick ultrasound to double check the baby's position (head down and doing well), so Mom got to see the kid in action.  

After everything was checked, Kevin and I had some questions for the doctor.  Namely, about the due date.  We have been bounced around the entire month of July in terms of when the baby is supposed to be coming, and we just wanted it narrowed it down a little bit.  We started out with a due date of July 25th, and after the twenty week ultrasound, it was moved up to July 14th.  Then at the doctor's appointment last month, they moved us up again to July 4th.  You can see that we might be understandably confused about some of this.  So we brought it up this at yesterday's appointment.  The doctor looked at everything and agreed that things were a little off.  She told us that the due date should be July 5th and to go with that for now.  She ordered another formal ultrasound for next week to get a better idea for everything.  So maybe the due date will move down further in July again, but for now, we're looking at 4th of July week, which would actually be stunningly convenient for me.  But we'll see how it all works out.  

All I know is that I am just ready to be done.  It will be interesting to see what the ultrasound reveals next week.  


1 comment:

Shalmeno said...

Yea! Yea for mom visits (and yea for me getting to see your mom for a bit)! Yea for nearing the end of your pregnancy! Yea for a healthy baby girl! And yea for a super cool baby shower. I'm glad I got to help a bit. See you soon! :-)